There are several options to add a document or file to a portfolio. Select the option that works best for the content and the expected reviewer.
You can create a direct link to a document - this option cleans up the portfolio page if you have several documents to display, or the document is superfluous.
- Type the text you would like to use for your link
- Highlight that text and then select the 'link' icon in the editing toolbox
- You will have three choices to link to: a website, a page within the portfolio, or an item in the Files repository
You can add your document with the inline option. This allows reviewers to open the document and see it fullscreen, without it downloading to their computer.
- Select 'Document' from the GIZMOS options
- Find or upload the document you want to present
- Select between the link and the inline option
JACK AND JILL.docx
Poem by Mother Goose
On the page
If the document is not too long, or is the only content for that page, you may want to copy and paste the text directly on the portfolio page:
JACK AND JILL
By: Mother Goose
Jack and Jill went up the hill,
To fetch a pail of water;
Jack fell down, and broke his crown,
And Jill came tumbling after.
Then up Jack got and off did trot,
As fast as he could caper,
To old Dame Dob, who patched his nob
With vinegar and brown paper.
When Jill came in,
How she did grin
To see Jack’s paper palster;
Her mother, vexed,
Did whip her next,
For laughing at Jack’s disaster.
Now Jack did laugh,
And Jill did cry,
But her tears did soon abate;
Then Jill did say,
That they should play
At see-saw across the gate.
Converting the document to an image allows you to display the item on the portfolio page by using the 'Image' option in GIZMOS. This tends to take two steps, first save the document as a PDF file, then you can open the file in Adobe or Preview and save the PDF as a JPG.